Tuesday, August 08, 2006
We're Baaaaaaaaack!
As I'm sure most of you are aware, the family went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee this weekend. We left on Friday and returned last night. We had a very nice time and Jaden was great the whole way there and back, on the seven hour drive. We got to visit Smoky Mountain National Park and even did a little outlet shopping. I also noticed that Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge seems to be the pancake / flapjack capital of the world. I mean there were pancake houses that were RIGHT across the street from each other or only a block or two away on the same side of the street. Now you might be asking yourself, "How were they?", but we never went. However, by the looks of a LOT of people there, the pancakes houses must do VERY, VERY good business. ;-) It's funny how things change so much depending on where you live. When we lived in Florida, we would do weekend getaways to the Keys. Now that we are back in Indiana, we go to Gatlinburg. It just doesn't seem right. I was just looking at the calendar and since June 9th, I have been to Baltimore (for work), Florida for two weeks, a weekend in Bloomington, a weekend in Gatlinburg and Shannon leaves for Orlando for work this Sunday....OH, and we have the Jimmy Buffett concert TONIGHT. We have just been SO busy and really just need some time at home to relax and do nothing. Well, that's not going to happen, as I look at the calendar, we have a charity walk the 26th, fantasy football draft the 27th, Kenny Chesney concert on the 3rd and then going to St. Louis to visit the grandparents on the 9th.......Looks like we can rest sometime in late September, or early October.....There's no place like home, there's no place like home.................................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment