Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Life as we know it.......

So it's 10:15 on a Tuesday night. Normally, we would be in bed by now or trying to wrap things up to hit the sack. Shannon has been SO beat from watching JDabTV (which is the video monitor we have on him in his crib) for the last two nights, since he has been sleeping in his room, she decided she was coming home and going straight to bed. For the first time in awhile I was able to watch MY crappy television shows. I got to watch Sportscenter, World Poker Tour, NFL Network and The Dave Chapelle Show - The Lost Episodes. Apparently she felt watching him sleep peacefully was more important than getting sleep herself. In any event, tonight I stayed up to get things ready for the morning and it has been a very enlightening evening by myself. I spent most of this evening cleaning out the downstairs closet to put Jaden's things in there so they aren't just sitting around on the living room floor. Additionally, I too have been watching a lot of JDabTV while downstairs, but just to keep and eye on him and make sure he didn't wake up the little lady while she was trying to get some rest. ;-) Anyway, the time alone has reinforced a lot of things. First of all, just like I have always known, I am the luckiest person in the world. I have an awesome wife, incredible kid, wonderful family, good friends (mostly), and a very blessed situation. Sometimes it seems like I don't have a chance to sit back and "relax" and "appreciate" how great life is for me right now, but it's nights like tonight that really, really give me the opportunity to do just that, and I can't emulate how truly valuable that is to me. Sometimes I think that in today's world most people "go through the motions" and lose track of what is really important in life. Life isn't about having the nicest things. It's about having people around you that love you and appreciate what you have to offer, no matter what that is, and everyone has something to offer someone. All I know is that every single day that I look at Jaden and he looks at me, he is gaining some knowledge from me. I can't honestly tell you that the knowledge he is gaining is good or bad, but I feel it is necessary. I think it's important to know how to fart and act like it wasn't you. I think it's important to know when "crying" will get you the attention you need. I also think it's important to make sure every girl in the room is looking at you....and HE does that better than ANYONE!!! I LOVE this little Guy more than life itself, and if you can't tell that from this posting, please seek help. ;-) Thanks for wasting your time reading my blabbering, and I apologize that there wasn't a picture of the JDab inculded in my little rant. I'll make up for it in future postings. Enjoy Today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, my dear sweet son-in-law, you have done it again - MADE ME CRY AT WORK! So now I just want to let you know that there are alot of us out here that feel the same about you. Thanks for taking such good care of my baby girl!
LOL jdab's grandma

Anonymous said...

Wow...honey...wow. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Pretty impressive stuff!!! You do reallize that you are only hurting the other married men that have wives that read this. You are blessed.

Love,
Tammy