Friday, June 09, 2006

The Cartoon Effect

Well folks, it's finally happened. Shannon and I have both become victims of what I call "The Cartoon Effect". This is a condition in which you find yourself singing a tune that you heard while watching cartoons with your child. However, there is one evil twist in my particular situation. I am hearing the songs in my sleep. I woke up on several occasions last night with a haunting tune from the Dora The Explorer cartoon. It's not even one of her tunes, as I could stomach one of those. No, friends, this is the song that the freaking MAP sings right before Dora goes exploring. The gist of the song is "I'm the Map, I'm the Map, I'm the Map!" Good stuff, right? Well, it's NOT! I am totally consumed my this freaking Map song to the point that I am taking my IPod with me today wherever I go just to have something else in my head. I'm starting to think the Map is talking to me directly. I just realized that each time I write about it, I capitalize Map, as if this were his first name or something.......Wait!? Did the map just tell me to go out and kill for him????? Maybe I should call someone at the assistance program that work provides for "troubled" individuals, you know, just to talk......or perhaps I just need more sleep................................Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a little worried about you right now!!!

Anonymous said...

You're with me, Bellevue...