Tuesday, July 31, 2007

37 days till football season!!!!

I'm not sure if anyone else is excited about football season arriving......SOOON, but I am! Perhaps it's b/c I can really start conditioning......errrr, converting.......errrrr, EDUCATING Jaden about all of the different teams in the NFL that he might want to root for and the history behind the teams. You have teams like the Detroit Lions, who have never won anything, even with the great Barry Sanders. Teams like Uncle Brandon's (Steelers) who really are probably on a downhill spiral without Cowher and Bettis. There's "America's Team", the Cowboys, who will probably not get back to greatness unless they bring back a bunch of drug addicts as they did in the 90's. Yeah there are other teams out there that friends and family "might" try to push Jaden towards such as Da Bears, "The Greatest Show on Turf" (St. Louis) and even perhaps Who Dey? (Dey da Bungholes, errrrr Bengals). Oh yeah, I guess there is that other team with the quarterback with the "lazer, rocket, arm", buuuuuuut he probably only has a few good years left.......On the other hand how can one argue with the "Commitment to Excellence", 3 Superbowl Victories, and the greatest punter of all time, Ray GUY! Well, again, I am going to let him to make up his own mind on the team he chooses to root for, but if gets into video games, I might have to let him know that John Madden DID coach for the Raiders! ;-) The decision is strictly up to him.........

Oh, but if he DOES choose the Raiders, he already has the uniform Grandpa Tom got him for Christmas. I'm hoping it fits by September.

Go Raiders!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

1 week till visit!